ImageMagickObject on Vista x64

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
glennewing

ImageMagickObject on Vista x64

Post by glennewing »

I have installed the x64 binary and have verified that Object was installed by checking the registry and observing that vs2k5 could "see" it. The problem is that the CreateObject commands in the samples (and in my code) don't work. Same result whether using wshta, wscript or csript. I have setup Vista's "real" administrator and tested with the same disappointing result. I have googled this thing to death and found no hints. The obvious suspects are the x64 and Vista's ActiveX paranoia. Suggestions, please!
magick
Site Admin

Re: ImageMagickObject on Vista x64

Post by magick »

ImageMagick Windows x64 passes all the validation tests but confidence does not extend to the ImageMagickObject for x64. We're waiting for a knowledgable Windows developer to help us port the ImageMagickObject to x64. In the mean-time it appears to work properly under i686.
glennewing

Re: ImageMagickObject on Vista x64

Post by glennewing »

It works (connects to ImageMagickObject) if I use the 32 bit version of cscript even though the ImageMagick installation is 64 bit. Keep in mind that the 64 bit code is in \windows\system32\ and that the 32 bit code is in \windows\syswow64\.

Cordially,
Glenn