Error(s) Converting actviePDF Multi-Page PDF

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
faacody

Error(s) Converting actviePDF Multi-Page PDF

Post by faacody »

Major kudos to the IM developers. It's amazing the number of options and formats being addressed by this application. Very, very impressive.

* I get error '415: Postscript delegate failed' when converting a multi-page PDF to TIFF or JPG.
- The source file was produced by activePDF and file loads successfully in Acrobat.
* I saved the actviePDF PDF using Acrobat and tried converting the resulting PDF to TIFF with IM.
- It converted without error but the resulting PDF had a blank second page.
* I created a multi-page PDF with Acrobat and converted the resulting PDF to TIFF with IM.
- That worked great (took 45 seconds, but that's faster than I can do it).
* Single-page PDFs created by activePDF convert without incident.

I presume it's a problem with Ghostscript reading actviePDF's multi-page PDF, which may need to direct me to Ghostscript's forum, but I often presume badly. I saw an identical issue being reported to IM back in 2004. I would be happy to provide an example source file if desired.

I'm using IM 6.3.4 Q16, Ghostscript 8.54, activePDF 4.0.5.8131, and Acrobat 6.0 Pro.

Thanks,
Chris
magick
Site Admin

Re: Error(s) Converting actviePDF Multi-Page PDF

Post by magick »

Post a URL to your Postscript here so we can download it and reproduce the problem.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Ghostscript cannot read your image. Xpdf can but ImageMagick relies on Ghostscript to render PS and PDF.
faacody

Post by faacody »

Thanks again for your quick response.
Hopefully I'll be able to check with the Ghostscript people.
Cheers,
Chris