Cannot convert Illustrator CS files from Mac in Windows

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
robfisch

Cannot convert Illustrator CS files from Mac in Windows

Post by robfisch »

I get an error trying to convert Illustrator CS files. The files were created in a Mac environment and I am running ImageMagick on a Windows PC. I get the following error:

**** Warning: An error occurred while reading an XREF table.
**** The file has been damaged. This may have been caused
**** by a problem while converting or transfering the file.
**** Ghostscript will attempt to recover the data.
**** Warning: There are objects with matching object and generation
**** numbers. The accuracy of the resulting image is unknown.
GPL Ghostscript 8.57: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
convert: Postscript delegate failed `L:\Files\unconverted\0631Z-A AA PRINT FNL.A
I'.
convert: missing an image filename `L:\Files\converted\0631Z-A AA PRINT FNL.JPG'

I can convert them using ImageMagick on the Mac. I don't have any problems with files from Illustrator CS2 on a Mac or Illustrator CS or CS2 on a PC. On the PC I am using ImageMagick-6.3.4-Q16 and GS 8.57. The Mac has ImageMagick-6.1.8 and GS 8.51.
magick
Site Admin

Re: Cannot convert Illustrator CS files from Mac in Windows

Post by magick »

Post a URL to one or two of your images. We need to download and reproduce the problem before we can suggest a resolution to the problem.
robfisch

Re: Cannot convert Illustrator CS files from Mac in Windows

Post by robfisch »

I got this to work by reverting back to Ghostscript 8.51. Later versions do not handle the old Illustrator CS Mac files.