[Github] [Latest] Android Imagemagick 7

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
coloring
Authentication code: 1151

[Github] [Latest] Android Imagemagick 7

Post by coloring »

Hi,

Growing frustrated at the lack (-> NO) options for imagemagick on Android (unless you want something VERY outdated and half broken), I made my own port of the very latest Imagemagick to android. For anyone who needs this, feel free to use it. It will be a lifesaver for you

It is filled with many features:
  • Latest stable version, you'll get the latest and greatest features.
  • Tons of delegates (the LATEST versions; NONE are outdated)!! (PNG, webp, xml, jpeg, fftw, lcms, lzma, zlib, tiff, bzlib, freetype, openjpeg)
  • Optional jmagick support (included are jmagick java files, and patching imagemagick c files at compiletime for android/jmagick support -> all automated)
  • Vanilla compilation (you can choose to not have the files patched, works perfectly fine)
  • Shared library OR static build, changeable with a simple variable in Application.mk.
If anyone needs such a library, feel free to check it out. :D :D Enjoy :D
https://github.com/cherryleafroad/Android-ImageMagick7
snibgo

Re: [Github] [Latest] Android Imagemagick 7

Post by snibgo »

Great stuff, thanks.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
coloring

Post by coloring »

snibgo wrote: 2019-08-23T17:55:18-07:00 Great stuff, thanks.
Yes.. It seems nobody ever makes their Android imagemagick implementations public.. So I was forced to make my own.. And being the perfectionist I am, I made sure it was complete. It can spare others the pain I had to endure
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

Thanks for your efforts and contribution.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We added your link to the ImageMagick home page @ https://imagemagick.org.
coloring

Post by coloring »

fmw42 wrote: 2019-08-23T18:59:07-07:00 Thanks for your efforts and contribution.
magick wrote: 2019-08-24T06:15:57-07:00 We added your link to the ImageMagick home page @ https://imagemagick.org.
Thanks guys :D :D
Tommy74
Authentication code: 1152

Post by Tommy74 »

Hey, firstly - thank you for your hard work. I've been having some trouble finding an Android port. Forgive me if this is a silly question, but is there a way to use this for developing for Android using Flutter in IntelliJ?

Many thanks
coloring

Post by coloring »

I'm not familiar with Flutter. However, if you're using jmagick, java is required.
If flutter supports execution of a binary file located in the filesystem, then you could do it. You'll still have to find a way to unpack your assets folder in Android however.

From what I see however, it's possible to write platform specific code in Flutter. So you could implement anything you need using that (calling binaries, unpacking of Android assets, etc). If you intend to use this for iOS of course, it won't work. This is an Android port, not an iOS port. The only iOS port I can find is pretty outdated, so sorry about that

So it looks like the answer is yes, using the platform specific channels.

As far as jmagick goes.. jmagick itself is pretty old. I was in the process of creating a completely redesigned jmagick library using C, but due to the massive codebase of ImageMagick, it's over 6,000 lines of code (too much work for me as this is only a free project), as well as it being a one-man project.

The old jmagick itself is functional; it'll work if you can figure out how to use it, but I wouldn't call it "up-to-par" in terms of code quality and compatibility.