Text Editor Capabilities

Discuss digital image processing techniques and algorithms. We encourage its application to ImageMagick but you can discuss any software solutions here.
designbyjm
Authentication code: 1151

Text Editor Capabilities

Post by designbyjm »

Can someone direct me to a forum or discussion around how a text editor can be used, not used, issues, etc.? Looking to do something like the image that is linked here http://cl.ly/image/1M3x0r000e3c Once I add the text, can it be edited? In theory everything gets rasterized. How can we control this?

thanks in advance!
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Text Editor Capabilities

Post by fmw42 »

What are you trying to do exactly? You are not really very clear. Are you trying to find some interactive tool that will allow you to add text to an image with a GUI on the image? Where did you picture come from?

Imagemagick can certainly add text to an image any where you want via command line using -annotate or several other methods. See http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/text/.

I know of no text editor application that works directly on an image other than things like Photoshop and GIMP.

I would bet there was a jquery app that might do something like that. Search Google for jquery apps.

What platform are you on?
designbyjm
Authentication code: 1151

Post by designbyjm »

I designed that image as it is going to be part of our project.

Basically we are fracture me dot com and we are trying to add a capability to our new editor that allows you to create a Fracture (our product) and add text to it when your building the Fracture. So in the view I showed, I have a WYSIWYG editor, which visually isn't a problem. There are many plugins for that.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way for us to add the text editing capability on the front-end and then be able to edit the text. Sounds like this probably outside of the scope of Image Magick and it would be all on our end.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

javascript/jquery/html sounds like what you want or perhaps html5