error, missing dll (IM via VBScript)

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
holden
Authentication code: 6789

error, missing dll (IM via VBScript)

Post by holden »

PPS I take it back, Q16 is fast enough :)

Code: Select all

ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1 error '80041771'

identity: 395: unable to open module file `C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.9.0-Q16\modules\coders\IM_MOD_RL_DB_.dll': No such file or directory @ warning/module.c/GetMagickModulePath/672: identity: 420: no decode delegate for this image format `DB' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/501: 
It would appear that yes, this file is missing from that location. I did an install recently 6.9.0 32bit Q16 Windows. I've been experimenting and this error didn't occur during a previous install, it has since been uninstalled (from add/remove then manually deleting some files that were still hanging around plus the original IM folder in Programs, this is on Windows) Do I need to simply try reinstalling?

The script checks the colorspace of all the files in a directory and converts if needed.

PS please bring back the Q8 builds for 32 bit systems :D

PPS I take it back, Q16 is still plenty fast :)
Last edited by holden on 2015-03-20T12:42:21-07:00, edited 1 time in total.
holden

Re: error, missing dll

Post by holden »

The static version is similar,

Code: Select all

no decode delegate for this image format `DB'
I think maybe IM is seeing a file I can't? I am testing on only jpgs
holden

Re: error, missing dll (IM via VBScript)

Post by holden »

I found the issue, the script is trying to run the thumbs.db file after all of the images- disabling thumbnail caching fixes this.

I'm not sure if it's an IM issue- on an ancient version of IM from 2013 the .db was registered as OK by my script, but in the new version, 6.9.0, an error gets thrown up. My confusion resulted from this discrepancy as I started from the old version which ran without error.