software/program that can automate tasks

Discuss digital image processing techniques and algorithms. We encourage its application to ImageMagick but you can discuss any software solutions here.
Tarun Kumar
Authentication code: 13

software/program that can automate tasks

Post by Tarun Kumar »

Is there any software/program that can automate tasks which currently are done manually by Adobe photoshop?

I actually want to automate some tasks such as cropping(not just rectangular) , making background(not the whole photo) darker etc.Actually I just want more advanced thing. consider a situation " I have 1000 photographs of models with different pose , angle etc. I want to make the color of the lips red in all photographs whenever I see that the dress wore by the model is reddish .if the dress is black make the eye color black. if these criteria are not met , do nothing".

Another example " I have another set of 1000 photographs. I just want to crop each face from each photograph .if a photo has 3 faces they should be cropped . if it has 5 then all 5. it should not crop legs or other parts ".

Is there any program that exists already ? if it doesn't , How about making such a software.I know it's not an easy task !! but how to proceed for that. Can image processing libraries like Magick++ help in making such software ? Also how much time it will take if it is made from scratch(of course using libraries) ? 6 months? 1 year? or more?
anthony
Authentication code: 8675308

Re: software/program that can automate tasks

Post by anthony »

Finding out if a model wears red is probably relativally easy. - how much near red is in the image!
Finding the location of 'lips' so you can color them. Well that is easy for us humans, but next to impossible dor a computer!
Anthony Thyssen -- Webmaster for ImageMagick Example Pages
https://imagemagick.org/Usage/
Tarun Kumar
Authentication code: 13

Re: software/program that can automate tasks

Post by Tarun Kumar »

@anthony: But it is being done in most of the places. To recognize a face there are several algorithms. For example in the digital camera one of the technique(not a very good one) used is to locate the continuous fluctuating/moving object with respect to the environment that is eyes because we always keep on blinking them. and once you have located eyes you use geometry and other biological data to guess the locations of the lips.

for static images other algorithms are there. so it's not "next to impossible" task.Even one of my friends has done this kind of thing. I was just searching for the resources to go into deep.

Any way thanks for reply.