DIFFICULTY USING "EFFECTS/MOTION BLUR"

Use this forum for comments, suggestions or problems related to the online ImageMagick Studio web interface @ https://imagemagick.org/MagickStudio.
scarlet

Re: DIFFICULTY USING "EFFECTS/MOTION BLUR"

Post by scarlet »

FRED:

IN THIS DOCUMENTATION
http://www.wtv-zone.com/scarlet09/NEWEF ... WTODO.html

http://www.wtv-zone.com/scarlet09/NEWEF ... _BLUR.html

SHOULD WE CHANGE WHEREVER WE HAVE REFERRED TO A TRANSPARENT "GIF" AS "PNG"
IE. OUTPUTTING

WE ALSO HAVE A BLACK BACKGROUND AND A TRANSPARENT "GIF" BACKGROUND FOR USERS TO HAVE HANDY TO GRAB

IN ORDER TO KEEP THE SAME IDEA, I SHOULD THEN OFFER THEM A "TRANSPARENT PNG"???

HOW DO I MAKE ONE?
( I AM NOT AT ALL FAMILIAR WITH PNGS)

THANK YOU

SCARLET
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

Scarlet,

Magick provided the instructions on how to create a transparent image in Magick Studio, so that you do not have to import one. You can save to PNG or GIF as output as desired or as whichever works best. When you need to use 8-bit transparency to blend things smoothly then PNG should be used for the output. Otherwise, if you only need binary transparency (on or off at different pixels, i.e. full transparency vs full opacity) then GIF or PNG can be used. GIF will be smaller in general.

The instructions for creating a transparent image in Magick Studio involves using the bottom part of the first page. It is not well documented on that page. So Magick provided instructions on this page, see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15695.

If you cannot figure it out from there, let me know and i will try to explain further. I confirmed that it worked and allowed me to create your motion blur text as per my command line example. I got the same result from Magick Studio after Magick fixed the two versions mentioned above.

Steps:

1) Go to http://www.imagemagick.org/MagickStudio ... Studio.cgi
2) scroll to the bottom section labelled input properties
3) set the image size
4) put the word "none" in the Meta field without the quotes
5) set the Format selector to xc
6) go to the top of the page and press view

You should now have a transparent starting image, although you won't see anything but the white page background

Fred
scarlet

Post by scarlet »

FRED:

I DO KNOW HOW TO MAKE BACKGROUNDS FROM SCRATCH

WHENEVER I MADE TRANSPARENT BGS, I ALWAYS PUT
"TRANSPARENT" IN THE META TAG FIELD, NOT "NONE"

SO THAT, IN ITSELF, IS DIFFERENT.

NOT BEING ACQUAINTED WITH PNGS
( WE HAVE A PNG WIZZO IN NGS NAMED "FUNLOVER")
BUT I NEVER LEARNED AND I DID NOT REALIZE THAT ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TO NAME A TRANSPARENT "GIF"
"PNG" ON OUTPUT AND I WOULD HAVE IT

SORRY TO SOUND SO IGNORANT BUT AFTER MISSING ALL THOSE YEARS I GUESS THAT IS WHAT I AM AT THIS POINT IN TIME
HAVE SO MUCH TO RELEARN, GET THE RYTHM AGAIN AND DESPERATELY TRY TO ALSO FIGURE OUT THE NEW ADDITIONAL "EFFECTS" THAT WERE ADDED
(I THINK THAT IS GOING TO BE A HOPELESS ENDEAVOR FOR ME WITH WEBTV)

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR TIME,
SCARLET
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

In IM, the words "none" and "transparent" mean the same thing when creating a transparent image (or color). I had assumed you did not know how to create one (as it was not obvious to me) as you kept talking about importing a transparent image. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

If you have some friend with a computer, you could try to buy a used laptop from ebay or craig's list.
BDiana

Post by BDiana »

:? Scarlet, it's quite possible, that your gif has not enough bg to contain your transparency motion blur numbers. I hope that makes sense.
A way around it is to comp your gif on top of a larger transparent, follow with your motion blur numbers and finally smart crop off the rest. Make sure transparency is selected on the bottom, additional options on the 'effects' page.