PNG format is not included in phpinfo Imagick

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
nhk15

PNG format is not included in phpinfo Imagick

Post by nhk15 »

Hi

I have installed Imagick using MAMP pecl on my mac leopard.
I had an old version of ImageMagick so I have "make unstall" but still not sure that I have completed removed them.
After removing the old version, I have installed the new one using macport.
When I run "convert -list configure", I get two path xml files.
The result is:
Path: /opt/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.5.2/config/configure.xml

Name Value
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -std=gnu99
CFLAGS -O2 -Wall -W -D_THREAD_SAFE
CONFIGURE ./configure '--prefix=/opt/local' '--enable-shared' '--enable-static' '--disable-ltdl-install' '--disable-hdri' '--with-dps' '--with-bzlib' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-tiff' '--with-zlib' '--with-modules' '--with-xml' '--with-x' '--without-perl' '--without-fpx' '--without-gslib' '--without-jbig' '--without-jp2' '--without-lcms' '--without-wmf' '--without-gvc' '--without-rsvg' '--without-lqr' '--mandir=/opt/local/share/man' '--with-quantum-depth=16' 'CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0' 'CFLAGS=-O2' 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include' 'CPP=/usr/bin/cpp-4.0' 'CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.0' 'CXXFLAGS=-O2'
COPYRIGHT Copyright (C) 1999-2009 ImageMagick Studio LLC
CPPFLAGS -I/opt/local/include/ImageMagick
CXX /usr/bin/g++-4.0
CXXFLAGS -O2 -Wall -W -D_THREAD_SAFE
DEFS -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
DELEGATES bzlib fontconfig freetype jpeg jng png tiff x11 xml zlib
DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS 'CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0' 'CFLAGS=-O2' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include' 'CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.0' 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib' --disable-deprecated --with-quantum-depth=16 --with-umem=no --with-autotrace=no --with-fpx=no --with-gslib=no --with-fontpath= --with-gvc=no --with-jp2=no --with-lcms=no --with-lqr=no --with-rsvg=no --with-wmf=no
EXEC-PREFIX /opt/local
HOST i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
LDFLAGS -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -R/usr/X11/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype -lz -L/opt/local/lib
LIB_VERSION 0x652
LIB_VERSION_NUMBER 6,5,2,0
LIBS -lMagickCore -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -L/opt/local/lib -lfontconfig -lexpat -lfreetype -lz -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXt -lbz2 -lz -lm -lpthread -lltdl
NAME ImageMagick
PCFLAGS
PREFIX /opt/local
QuantumDepth 16
RELEASE_DATE 2009-05-12
VERSION 6.5.2
WEBSITE http://www.imagemagick.org

Path: configure.xml

Name Value
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CC /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -std=gnu99
CFLAGS -O2 -Wall -W -D_THREAD_SAFE
CONFIGURE ./configure '--prefix=/opt/local' '--enable-shared' '--enable-static' '--disable-ltdl-install' '--disable-hdri' '--with-dps' '--with-bzlib' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-tiff' '--with-zlib' '--with-modules' '--with-xml' '--with-x' '--without-perl' '--without-fpx' '--without-gslib' '--without-jbig' '--without-jp2' '--without-lcms' '--without-wmf' '--without-gvc' '--without-rsvg' '--without-lqr' '--mandir=/opt/local/share/man' '--with-quantum-depth=16' 'CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0' 'CFLAGS=-O2' 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include' 'CPP=/usr/bin/cpp-4.0' 'CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.0' 'CXXFLAGS=-O2'
COPYRIGHT Copyright (C) 1999-2009 ImageMagick Studio LLC
CPPFLAGS -I/opt/local/include/ImageMagick
CXX /usr/bin/g++-4.0
CXXFLAGS -O2 -Wall -W -D_THREAD_SAFE
DEFS -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
DELEGATES bzlib fontconfig freetype jpeg jng png tiff x11 xml zlib
DISTCHECK_CONFIG_FLAGS 'CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0' 'CFLAGS=-O2' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include' 'CXX=/usr/bin/g++-4.0' 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib' --disable-deprecated --with-quantum-depth=16 --with-umem=no --with-autotrace=no --with-fpx=no --with-gslib=no --with-fontpath= --with-gvc=no --with-jp2=no --with-lcms=no --with-lqr=no --with-rsvg=no --with-wmf=no
EXEC-PREFIX /opt/local
HOST i386-apple-darwin9.6.0
LDFLAGS -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -R/usr/X11/lib -L/opt/local/lib -lfreetype -lz -L/opt/local/lib
LIB_VERSION 0x652
LIB_VERSION_NUMBER 6,5,2,0
LIBS -lMagickCore -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -L/opt/local/lib -lfontconfig -lexpat -lfreetype -lz -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXt -lbz2 -lz -lm -lpthread -lltdl
NAME ImageMagick
PCFLAGS
PREFIX /opt/local
QuantumDepth 16
RELEASE_DATE 2009-05-12
VERSION 6.5.2
WEBSITE http://www.imagemagick.org
I am not that this causes any issues.
Anyway when I run my php info, PNG is not included in the ImageMagick Supported formats section.
I can see there are libpng on my machine, and it looks like this below:
-rwxr-xr-x 2 root admin 156780 23 Feb 11:42 /opt/local/lib/libpng.3.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 10 23 Feb 11:42 /opt/local/lib/libpng.a -> libpng12.a
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 14 23 Feb 11:42 /opt/local/lib/libpng.dylib -> libpng12.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 11 23 Feb 11:42 /opt/local/lib/libpng.la -> libpng12.la
-rwxr-xr-x 2 root admin 154896 23 Feb 11:42 /opt/local/lib/libpng12.0.dylib
-rw-r--r-- 2 root admin 193848 23 Feb 11:42 /opt/local/lib/libpng12.a
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 16 23 Feb 11:42 /opt/local/lib/libpng12.dylib -> libpng12.0.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x 2 root admin 960 23 Feb 11:42 /opt/local/lib/libpng12.la

Could you please anyone tell me why IMagick doesnt supprt PNG??

Cheers
mkoppanen

Re: PNG format is not included in phpinfo Imagick

Post by mkoppanen »

That probably means ImageMagick did not find libpng during ./configure
Mikko Koppanen
My blog: http://valokuva.org