no longer seems to work after upgrade and downgrade del fail

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
minus4

no longer seems to work after upgrade and downgrade del fail

Post by minus4 »

Hiya

I have upgraded imagemagickObject and ghostscript to these versions:

GS 8.62
imagemagick 6.4.1 - q16

all on windows 2003 server.

I have this code

myconverted = img.Convert(mypath & "\stock\createdpdf\temp\"&filenames&".pdf", mypath & "\stock\createdpdf\temp\"&filenames&"-%d.jpg")

And i get this:

ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1 error '80041771'

convert: 425: Improper image header `C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/magick-fNpI0rAc': convert: 415: Postscript delegate failed `D:\wwwroot\3d\stock\createdpdf\temp\HN7r4.pdf': No such file or directory: convert: 410: missing an image filename `D:\wwwroot\3d\stock\createdpdf\temp\HN7r4-%d.jpg':

However if i use cmd and type

convert D:\wwwroot\3d\stock\createdpdf\temp\HN7r4.pdf D:\wwwroot\3d\stock\createdpdf\temp\HN7r4-%d.jpg

all works fine, so everything seems to work but has completley stopped for the imageobject
i have ran filemn and i get no permission errors.

I really really really need this running, have tried down grading back but i still get same problems

PLease !!!!! Arghhhhhhh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have now rolled back to the past installs but no joy

i run:

magick 6.3.6.3
ghost 8.6.0

if i do it direct into the command prompt i get my files perfectly fine
here is my PATH:
c:\program files\imagemagick-6.3.6-q16;C:\PHP\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.60

just as an update i run it with -debug all

and get this convert: 0xC0000005: access violation
iguano

Re: no longer seems to work after upgrade and downgrade del fail

Post by iguano »

I'm having a similar issue but I'm not even getting an error.

My code:
set objImgMgk = CreateObject("ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1")
msgoBj = objImgMgk.convert("-verbose", "-density","350",ImagePath & "\" & theFileName & ".PDF",ImagePath & "\" & theFileName & ".JPG")

Whether I use 6.3.2 Q8 or 6.4.2 Q8 along with gs 8.62 the code executes, no error is trapped, yet no file is generated.

If I execute this via command line it runs no problem.

Please help! I've tried with/without the -verbose tag to try to see if any error is coming back but nothing ever comes back. Everything seems to execute just fine yet no file is ever generated.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Add "-debug", "all" to your convert parameters. If should report any problems you are having.
iguano

Post by iguano »

Sorry - forgot to mention that I was doing that too.

Wasn't able to get this to work despite no error messages. I ended up shell-ing out to the executable and calling it that way. Works just fine. Not as ideal but results are results!