runtime error R6034

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
manfred_kainrath

runtime error R6034

Post by manfred_kainrath »

Hi,

can you please help me. I use ImageMagic Com object and have written a small test application.
On another windows system I installed ImageMagick, too (the last option for VB programming was marked),
and when starting my test app, I receive the following error message

"runtime error!
programm e:\...\..

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly."

On this system there is no development environment.
It seems that ImageMagick is missing some C runtime DLLs, but which one. I have installed
after this error the vcredist_x86 (visual C runtime DLLs from microsoft), but nothing changed.

Many thanks in advance for your help
mwedge

Re: runtime error R6034

Post by mwedge »

I'm having this problem too. Previously I was using version 6.3.8-10 - no problem there. But when I have upgraded to 6.5.whatever onwards, I get this error.

MS say it's something to do with a missing manifest; when you try registering the ImageMagickObject.dll using regsvr32, it fails.

So it seems to me the dll is bad?

I have seen somewhere that the problem will go away if the C++ development package is installed on the machine, but surely there has to be something more elegant than that?

This is killing me, as I need the up-to-date version to stop images changing resolution on resize.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Download and install http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 02B2AF5FC2. See if that fixes the problem.
cisum627

Post by cisum627 »

Windows XP SP3. I am receiving a R6034 and I have downloaded/installed the 2008 C++ Distributable, but I am still receiving the error.

I am running Alfresco v3.3.g which ships with ImageMagick v6.5.7-4. I recently upgraded from Alfresco v3.2 and since the upgrade the problem started. I previously ran Imagemagick successfully via Alfresco.

The text of the message which appears in a new window is:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
C: Alfresco/Imagemagick/bin/convert.exe

The manifest and dlls for ImageMagick are stored in the Alfresco/Imagemagick/bin/ directory.

I installed ImageMagick v6.6.0 into the Alfresco/Imagemagick/bin directory to see if this would help, but it didn't. Same error message.

When I installed the MS c++ Distributable, I see that it place the files in a SxS directory, not imagemagick/bin directory.

I've logged a ticket with Alfresco, but thought this board might actually be a better approach since the problem may only be indirectly related to Alfresco.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
cisum627

Post by cisum627 »

I still have not been able to get around this issue. Any thoughts are appreciated.
cisum627

Post by cisum627 »

After further analysis I've determined that this is not a bug. The problem appears to stem from a conflict with Zone Alarm (firewall). After uninstalling Zone Alarm I do not receive the error message reported above.

I found that the following Zone Alarm files had changed on my machine in the Windows/system32 directory a couple of days after I installed Alfresco v3.3g.

vsconfig.xml
zpeng25.dll
vswmi.dll
vsxml.dll
zlcomm.dll
zlcommdb.dll
vsdata.dll
vsinit.dll
vsmonapi.dll
vspubapi.dll
vsutil.dll