Liquid Rescale on Windows

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Fludimir

Liquid Rescale on Windows

Post by Fludimir »

How can I get working Liquid Rescale on Windows? When I tried to use it I get this error

Code: Select all

convert: DelegateLibrarySupportNotBuiltIn `user_photo.jpg' (LQR) @ error/resize.c/LiquidRescaleImage/1602.
The same error I've got on server with CentOS, but there I installed liblqr from sources, recompiled ImageMagick and liquid rescale works. But I did't find any liblqr binaries for windows, and have no idea how to compile it from sources

I need liquid rescale for better resize custom shape images to 300x400px . I tried to use -liquid-rescale 300x400! on 2048x1536 photo, and got very very strange result.. Options like 75x100%! work as expected, but I want to get result image only with my dimensions
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Liquid Rescale on Windows

Post by fmw42 »

I am not sure IM supports that on Windows, if I remember correctly. At one point that was the case and I don't know if that has changed. Any windows user who is successfully using it, please correct me.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

On Windows 7, IM 6.6.0-8, I get the same problem.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

I spoke to Pete about it and he said its not currently supported on Windows and there isn't a deligate/file ? to compile it.
Fludimir

Post by Fludimir »

It is a pity. I hope it will be possible in the future. But there is liquid rescale plugin for gimp, and it is aviable for windows too. If this plugin works on windows, what is the problem with liblqr?
And what about my second question, can anybody explain how to use liquid rescale to resize image to custom dimensions?
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

And what about my second question, can anybody explain how to use liquid rescale to resize image to custom dimensions?
see http://www.fmwconcepts.com/misc_tests/l ... index.html