415 - Postscript Delegate Failed

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
PCPete

Re: 415 - Postscript Delegate Failed

Post by PCPete »

Hi guys,

I have installed the latest build and have the latest GhostScript installed as well. My problem is that when handling a PDF, and trying to examine it's colorspace, I get the 415 error as well. I am using an ASPX page. All other files work such as tiff, jpeg, etc.

Code: Select all

Sub doMagic(ByVal fileInfo As Object)
        Dim objIm, imgPath, colorspace, xRes, yRes, dpiFlag, colorSpaceFlag
        dpiFlag = 0
        imgPath = fileInfo.fullName
        objIm = Server.CreateObject("ImageMagickObject.MagickImage.1")
        If Not objIm Is Nothing Then
            If fileInfo.extension.ToLower() <> ".pdf" Then
                colorspace = objIm.identify("-format", "%r", imgPath)
                If colorspace <> "DirectClassRGB" Or colorspace <> "DirectClassCMYK" Or colorspace <> "PsuedoClassGray" Then
                    Response.Write("The colorspace of this file is not supported. Please try a different file")
                End If

'Get X & Y Density, it outputs as a string "72 PixelsPerInch" - Take the left 3 place and trim and compare.
                xRes = objIm.identify("-format", "%x", imgPath)
                yRes = objIm.identify("-format", "%y", imgPath)

If Left(Trim(xRes), 3) < 300 Or Left(Trim(yRes), 3) < 300 Then
                    dpiFlag = 1
                End If

Response.Write("<br/> Resolution is " & Left(Trim(xRes), 3) & "x" & Left(Trim(yRes), 3))

If dpiFlag <> 1 Then
                    Response.Write("<br/>DPI Passes Hi resolution check")
                Else
                    Response.Write("<br/>The resolution is not sufficient")
                End If
            Else
                'HERE IS WHERE THE ERROR LIES
                colorspace = objIm.identify("-format", "%r", imgPath)
            End If
        End If
    End Sub
The pdf was simply an image i had saved as a pdf - there was nothing special about it. No transparency, no layers, etc. I have tried numerous PDFs all with the same result so I do not believe it is my file causing the problem. I had split out the PDF from the rest of the image processing so that I could attend to it differently, I used a Try / Catch to display the error to the browser and I got:

Code: Select all

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041771): identity: 415: Postscript delegate failed `c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dedupePurls\lists\DoNotWant_PeeWee_300.pdf': No such file or directory: at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) at ASP.dedupepurls_default_aspx.doMagic(Object fileInfo)
thanks for any assistance you can offer! Also, I am 100% positive the file exists exactly at the file path in the error wher eit says it does not.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Set the environment variable MAGICK_DEBUG to 'all' and rerun your ASP script. Check the log and see if there is any insight into the problem. We're not Windows developers nor do we have an IIS server so we need to depend on the ImageMagick community to track this problem down...
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

Try removing the PARNOIDSAFER define in the delegates.xml configuration file. See if that permits Ghostscript to run.
PCPete

Post by PCPete »

Thanks for the replies - I confirmed that the -PARANOIDSAFER switch from the delegates.xml file doesn't help, in what file can I find MAGICK_DEBUG to turn that on?

thanks!
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

The easiest way is to inject it into the command line. Add "-debug", "all" to your ASP parameters.
PCPete

Post by PCPete »

magick wrote:The easiest way is to inject it into the command line. Add "-debug", "all" to your ASP parameters.
This doesn't appear to have any effect on the output. I'm leaning towards believing the imageMagick commands are not making use of GS.
magick
Site Admin

Post by magick »

We assume gs works from the command line. Try
  • convert logo: logo.pdf
    convert logo.pdf logo.jpg
If that works, it means Ghostscript is only failing in ASP.
PCPete

Post by PCPete »

magick wrote:We assume gs works from the command line. Try
  • convert logo: logo.pdf
    convert logo.pdf logo.jpg
If that works, it means Ghostscript is only failing in ASP.
You're correct, I should have tried that first. A simple convert works - Any ASP developers in the house? Haha, thanks for the pointers so far, I can certainly appreciate that you're all not windows guys. Perhaps a permissions problem then.