Imagemagick and dcraw errors under VB

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
psychospiller

Imagemagick and dcraw errors under VB

Post by psychospiller »

I am trying to get imagemagick to work with dcraw under VB6 and specifically with CR2 files.
Imagemagick is working correctly for other conversions (non raw files TIF - JPG etc)

I can convert a CR2 file using dcraw.exe itself from the command line but when i try to use it via imagemagick i get the following errors:

-2147215503: convert 415:Delegate failed '...dcraw.exe -T -w -O "%o" "%i"':
convert 435: unable to open image '..Temp/magick-8HZjamIS' : No such file or directory
convert 395: unable to open module file '...IM_MOD_RL_CR2_dll' : No such file or directory
convert 430: unable to open file '..Temp/magick-8HZjamIS' : No such file or directory
convert 410: missing an image filename 'C:\myfile.tif' :

I am using imagemagick version 6.3.2-Q16 and dcraw version 8.53

I've had a look in the delegates.xml but everything seems to be ok there.

if i use

Code: Select all

img.Convert("cr2:C:\MYFILE.CR2", "C:\MYFILE.TIF")
then it shows the error above.

if i use

Code: Select all

img.Convert("C:\MYFILE.CR2", "C:\MYFILE.TIF")
then it doesnt show any errors and it does create a tif file but it is only 3k in size and completely black.

I am wondering if its a versions thing or if I am mssing the dll in the error message,

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
magick
Site Admin

Re: Imagemagick and dcraw errors under VB

Post by magick »

We can reproduce the problem and will have a fix within a day or two. Thanks for the problem report.
psychospiller

Re: Imagemagick and dcraw errors under VB

Post by psychospiller »

just wondering if any progress was made on fixing this issue, thanks