error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491 After testing ImageMagick install at Command

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
fyzxman
Authentication code: 1152

error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491 After testing ImageMagick install at Command

Post by fyzxman »

I am having difficulty getting ImageMagick working. I ran the install app and installed the MeinFührerSoft :lol: Windows Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package. Attempted to verify the install by following instructions on the download page of ImageMagick But I cannot make it talk. :shock: :( Here is what the command prompt spits back:

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16>magick logo: logo.gif
magick: unable to open image 'logo.gif': Permission denied @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491.

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16>magick logo: logo.gif
magick: unable to open image 'logo.gif': Permission denied @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491.

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16>magick identify logo.gif
identify: unable to open image 'logo.gif': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491.

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16>magick logo.gif win:
magick: unable to open image 'logo.gif': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491.

I google searched error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491 and found some code documentation at sourceforge but was not able to identify what the error means. I did find that some OpenBlob error codes relate to a file not found. Checking the directory and I did not find logo.* to exist. Well that explains everything. I checked back to see what the verification was to do. A window was supposed to pop up. So ImageMagick cannot locate the file logo. So I then tried and example from this page: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

magick convert -size 320x85 canvas:none -font Bookman-DemiItalic -pointsize 72 \
-draw "text 25,60 \'Magick\'" -channel RGBA -blur 0x6 -fill darkred -stroke magenta \
-draw "text 20,55 \'Magick\'" fuzzy-magick.png

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16>magick convert -size 320x85 canvas:none -font Bookman-DemiItalic -pointsize 72 \
convert: no encode delegate for this image format `CANVAS' @ error/constitute.c/WriteImage/1214.

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16> -draw "text 25,60 \'Magick\'" -channel RGBA -blur 0x6 -fill darkred -stroke magenta \
'-draw' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16> -draw "text 20,55 \'Magick\'" fuzzy-magick.png
'-draw' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

At least no OpenBlob error. :) I know this is supposed to create an image file with the word Magick
What did I do wrong? Is there something missing for ImageMagick to work? Am I doing something stupid :lol: I am open to hear some ridicule that the scripts are supposed to be run somewhere else.???? Was the script written for NaziSoft command promp or Linux? I know there are differences in the way the command line accepts certain characters. ???

fyzxman
rodlie
Authentication code: 1152

Re: error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491 After testing ImageMagick install at Command

Post by rodlie »

Run "magick" from a folder you have permissions to write to, you are trying to write file(s) to "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.8-Q16" as a user, that won't work. You will also need to use full path to files if they are not in the same folder as you are.

You should read a "Command line howto" article somewhere.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3491 After testing ImageMagick install at Command

Post by snibgo »

The "\" at the end of lines is the unix character meaning "the command is continued on the next line". For Microsoft Windows, use the "^" character instead.

As rodlie says, you may not have permission to write to the directory that IM is installed in. (Even if you do have permission, it isn't a great idea). I suggest you create another directory somewhere, and change to that directory.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com