Can I use ImageMagick for my needs?

Magick.NET is an object-oriented C# interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning Magick.NET
primem0ver
Authentication code: 1152

Can I use ImageMagick for my needs?

Post by primem0ver »

I came to here by way of Magick.NET. I am creating a .NET heightmap utility that must be compiled as a 64 bit application (because of memory issues) and is compatible with Visual Studio 2012. I was not able to get Magick.NET to compile with these criteria (mainly for VS 2012) which is why I came here.

I need to be able to import AND export to a 16bit grayscale png. I need to have full access to each pixel and be able to use the full range of values (0 - 65535) for the pixels on such a map and be able to draw the map using traditional means in a .NET application. I am ok with doing the conversion between .NET 48 bit rbg and a 16 bit pixel format. What I need is an API that will allow me to do everything else that I have mentioned. If necessary, I can probably handle making my own wrapper but it would be nice to have one already in place that I can use with VS 2012.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.