Create model for printing

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
myspacee

Create model for printing

Post by myspacee »

Hello,
there is any way to use IM to build file like this :

with these features :
- output is an CMYK EPS
- text is superimposed over the image and is selectable (pango?)
- text is only in pure black (not CMYK black)

thank you for any info,
m.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Create model for printing

Post by fmw42 »

I do not understand your last feature request. What is the difference between CMYK black and RGB black? I think you need to process everything in RGB (sRGB) and at the end convert to CMYK and save as EPS. I do not think you can have an RGB color for black in a CMYK image.
Bonzo

Post by Bonzo »

How can the text be selectable if it is going to be printed?

I would say you need to create a canvas including the bottom section as that would be the same in every advert?
Resize and add the image and add the text - that would be the harder part but from memory Pango will let you format the text inline with span?
myspacee

Post by myspacee »

Hello,
thank you both for reply.

Final output must be in CMYK where black is *pure black*,using 4 colour printing process.
In print step all black elements will be separate in single metal plate and it's understood as key color (black, others 3 are Ciano, Magenta, Yellow)

So output must preserve black text; i say selectable, because using Imagemagick i can obtain a raster image;
i've done this request as guarantee to preserve the properties of black color who want to get (pure black).
If Imagemagick can output text in pure black in other way, it's welcome.

Choose EPS format to avoid full raster image container. EPS can easily convert in PDF, that it's my final requested output rotary press.

Bottom section it's not the same in every advert, i have done an intranet php 'engine' that can assemble raster images.
Want to implement IM because i love it and it's more powerful and versatile than php GD i'm using.
(my users select a model, edit differencies, and obtain a raster image for output. We call this internal software PLAYER)

Think Pango because i don't know Imagemagick so well to say it can output something with above prerequisites (eg: pure text), so ask here.

Long reading sorry; thank you for yout time.

m.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Post by fmw42 »

IM is a raster processor and does not create vector output such that the text will be vector text and not raster data. See http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/formats/#vector

I am still not sure what you mean by pure black. If you create your image in sRGB with text set to R=G=B=0, it will be pure black. When you convert the output to CMYK, it should still be pure black but the values will be CMYK black (cmyk(0,0,0,255).