image compression on client side

The MagickWand interface is a new high-level C API interface to ImageMagick core methods. We discourage the use of the core methods and encourage the use of this API instead. Post MagickWand questions, bug reports, and suggestions to this forum.
phpidz
Authentication code: 6789

image compression on client side

Post by phpidz »

Hey guys does any one know how to compress image on the client side without reloading the server. I don't want to use ajax

If my image size is greater than 2mb then on client side it compress the image after that load to the server
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: image compression on client side

Post by fmw42 »

Please clarify your question in more detail about the processing flow. Is this about compression before an upload to the server or about a download that needs to be compressed? By compressing do you mean resizing or actually compression such as jpg compression.

If I understand your question and it has to do with compressing before an upload, then Imagemagick cannot do this unless the client has Imagemagick installed.

You might explore javascript to do the compression.
phpidz
Authentication code: 6789

Re: image compression on client side

Post by phpidz »

Thanks for your reply..
I got to know that compression is not possible on client side unless imagemagick is installed, Then can you suggest me how can i compress the image through java Script before uploading the image on server side

That would be a question to ask on a Javascript forum. I really do not know.