COM Interface - Getting started

ImageMagickObject is a Windows COM+ interface to ImageMagick. COM+, Visual Basic, and Delphi users should post to this discussion group.
el_supremo

Post by el_supremo »

If you used the windows installer version then you probably forgot to check the option to include the ImageMagickObject file in the install dialog.
I think you can just run the install again and select only that option. Or uninstall and then reinstall.

Pete
el_supremo

Post by el_supremo »

Might have been easier to uninstall. It asked me quite a few times if I wanted to overwrite... "YES, EVEN!"

Yes, I went through that when I tested it before I replied. It would be nice if there were "Ignore All" and/or "Yes to all" options in that overwrite dialog.
On a customer's machine, they need this ImageMagickObject.dll by itself, or does it need the other DLL's?

I don't use it but my guess is that, since ImageMagickObject.dll is only 384kb and the main IM dll file is over 1MB, it isn't big enough to have all of IM and therefore does need the others.

Pete
DannyGM

Re: COM Interface - Getting started

Post by DannyGM »

There is lot of Registery enreries of ImageMagick, so I think that They need to run the install.

If you want to make your install you need to add A reg file that conatin there KEys:

HKLM/Software/ImageMagic
HKCR/ImageMagicObject.MagicImage