Module "img2knl" missing from (all) Win builds

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
Marsu42
Authentication code: 6789

Module "img2knl" missing from (all) Win builds

Post by Marsu42 »

I was trying to experiment with the seemingly nice lens blurs from http://im.snibgo.com/camblur.htm, but to no avail: On all Windows builds (I've tried IM6 q8, q16 dll and q16 portable, and for good measure the bleeding edge "all included" im7) this module seems to be missing.

Am *I* missing something here, any special reason why it isn't included in any Windows builds? If not, I suggest including it :-) ... thanks for considering!
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Module "img2knl" missing from (all) Win builds

Post by snibgo »

img2knl is one of my proccess modules. These are not part of the official distribution of ImageMagick. To use them, they must be compiled. I provide source code and instructions for building IM with these at http://im.snibgo.com/customim.htm#img2knl.c

My instructions are for Cygwin tools under Windows. but I expect they would also work on any unix-like environment.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
Marsu42
Authentication code: 6789

Post by Marsu42 »

snibgo wrote:img2knl is one of my proccess modules. These are not part of the official distribution of ImageMagick.
Right, I didn't get that, thanks for explaining. Any reason for not including this into the vanilla IM distro (yes, I probably could dig up some old threads)? Let this please be a +1 for this module, looks useful and as stated before compiling a personal im and tracking the source can be a pita.
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

Anyone can do whatever they want with my published process modules. If IM developers want to include them in the official distros, or adapt them as built-in IM commands, that's fine with me.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com