Weird image

Magick.NET is an object-oriented C# interface to ImageMagick. Use this forum to discuss, make suggestions about, or report bugs concerning Magick.NET
pablobhz
Authentication code: 1151

Weird image

Post by pablobhz »

Hello Everyone.
I'm trying to create a TIFF file from binary data. However, i don't have the file header so i'm making it manually.
I've always used MagickNET for doing so and never had problems - but for now i started to have some trouble.

The images are not what i expect ; looks like something corrupted, like if the data was corrupted.
I gotta be honest ; it is actually happening only with this image. All others the final TIFF is fine, a really nice preview.

Any input you guys can give me is really really welcome. Thanks in advance

I've uploaded to google drive a sample of the final image, for testing purposes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17khTZ7 ... sp=sharing
TIFF File with header added
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_GX_5s ... sp=sharing
Original TIFF data - no header added
snibgo

Re: Weird image

Post by snibgo »

In your "TIFF File with header added", a stepping is visible. That is, each line is similar to the next line but with an offset of about 50 pixels in the x direction. In a correct image, each line will be similar to the next but with no offset. So your assumption about the image width is wrong.

In addition, each line seems to have a repeating pattern, maybe five times. This suggests your assumption about the image width is wrong by a factor of about 5.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
pablobhz

Re: Weird image

Post by pablobhz »

snibgo wrote: 2019-01-30T10:24:29-07:00 In your "TIFF File with header added", a stepping is visible. That is, each line is similar to the next line but with an offset of about 50 pixels in the x direction. In a correct image, each line will be similar to the next but with no offset. So your assumption about the image width is wrong.

In addition, each line seems to have a repeating pattern, maybe five times. This suggests your assumption about the image width is wrong by a factor of about 5.
Thanks for the reply.
I didn't replied earlier because i forgot to enable notifications for replies from this post.

Let me give you a background of what i've been dealing\doing:
I'm a developer and i deal with CIP3\PPF files. Those files are mixed binary\PPF files, basically PostScript files with some specific commands (instead of something just like ImageMatrix you have CIP3ImageMatrix). Anyway, the data is there, thats what matters.

I'm starting to suppose they're not TIFF files ; they're something else i must figure out.
I'll upload a sample of this CIP3 PPF File. If you can just look its binary data and tell me any direction, i would be very glad =)

A PostScript interpreter would be able to make an image from this ; but i can't use GS due to licensing issues.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY5gb8 ... sp=sharing
PPF File

You may notice there's more than one binary data in this file.
Binary data (any image) lies between CIP3PreviewImage and CIP3EndSeparation. Any image is usable as a test case.

Thanks in advance