PAID: Sprite Sheet de-duping for video game

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
RetrosoftStudios
Authentication code: 1152

PAID: Sprite Sheet de-duping for video game

Post by RetrosoftStudios »

Hello all,

My company is working on a video game and we have a sprite sheet with about 1300 sprites at last count. We are currently using Texture Packer to de-dup but it is not doing a great job. In looking into the issue I thought I could get a small app developed to help us identify and mange duplicate sprites.

Paid engagement. Can be an hourly rate and looking to discuss to further define scope in order to come to an estimate of hours.

Thanks

Mike Hermann
Retrosoft Studios LLC
pbennett87

Re: PAID: Sprite Sheet de-duping for video game

Post by pbennett87 »

Am I correct in saying you want to compare all sprites with each other to detect for dupes? Also, are the sprites all the same?
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

Are these exact duplicates or near duplicates? If the latter, how are they not exactly the same?

Have you considered using a perceptual hash to find similar or same images? ImageMagick has

Code: Select all

compare -metric phash image1 image2 null:
See
https://imagemagick.org/discourse-serve ... =4&t=24906

Also I have a script, phashes, that does several different kinds of perceptual hashes, but it runs only on Unix-like systems (Linux, Mac OSX or Windows 10 unix or Windows w/Cygwin). See my link below.
Joynal Abedin

Post by Joynal Abedin »

Hi, I myself a game developer. it would be great if I could help you out. If you want to to detect the duplicate spites, i would say that I am the right person to help you.