Paid: Check if gif is inside Instagram Story

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
truncating_honestly
Authentication code: 1152

Paid: Check if gif is inside Instagram Story

Post by truncating_honestly »

I'd be interested in obtaining a command-line tool (and possibly further work, if possible) that gets a story from an Instagram user, checks whether a certain GIF was pasted (in any of the story's frames), and then send back the number of frames that GIF was pasted in.

Consider the part of the program that fetches the stories as complete.

The stories themselves are brought back as videos. This means the application will require a small amount of work to transfer those videos into GIFs (could be part of the paid scope, if that's your thing, or I could do it for you).

I have a certain GIF that went a bit viral, and I'd like to check a few thousand stories to identify the original stories that featured it. That means you will have to write a script that accepts a story (in whatever form you'll massage it into) and that GIF, and check if that GIF appears anywhere in that story.

I'd need an estimate for the length of time and the amount of money this will require. Please PM me with suggestions.
More clarifications are available, if you need them, but this should be either very clearly possible or not at all possible with a reasonable machine, in my book.
LMK,

truncating_honestly
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Re: Paid: Check if gif is inside Instagram Story

Post by snibgo »

truncating_honestly wrote:This means the application will require a small amount of work to transfer those videos into GIFs ...
Do you really want that step? GIFs can store only 256 colours, so a frame with more than 256 colours will eliminate some colours, possibly causing the following search to fail.

Is the GIF the same size in the videos, or might it be different sizes?

The task seems simple. I would use ffmpeg to split the video into frames, then search each frame for the GIF. Depending on the sizes of the frames and the GIF, this might be slow, so I would use one of my process modules for faster searching.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
truncating_honestly
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Paid: Check if gif is inside Instagram Story

Post by truncating_honestly »

The GIF is always much smaller than the image itself.
Feel free to PM me with your thoughts on this.