Paid: Obtain PHASH of images

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
kevinm40
Authentication code: 1152

Paid: Obtain PHASH of images

Post by kevinm40 »

Hi,

I currently have ImageMagick 7.0.8-10 Q16 x86_64 on an Amazon Linux box. I need to obtain a phash from ImageMagick which will be stored in a db for future comparison (via Hamming distance). I am after a script that will obtain & return the phash.

I understand that there may be several different ways of obtaining a phash from IM but I have no understanding of how they work or which is the best for my use case.

This will be used for establishing near-duplicates of product images where the cropping, image size and compression may be different, but the image is fundamentally the same. I have uploaded three images as examples: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jjbyhh97n4lf ... e1sja?dl=0

In the example I would expect a close match for images 1 & 2, but not for image 3. I am not sure if it would skew results, but nearly all product images will have white backgrounds.

If anyone is interested and can help, please let me know.
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Paid: Obtain PHASH of images

Post by fmw42 »

ImageMagick has a perceptual hash. See viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24906. But the values for the hash are 42 floats.

I also have several perceptual hash methods in my script phashes at my link below. Each method creates a binary string hash that can be compared using the hamming distance for which I have a hamming script at my link below. The hashes can be stored in the image's meta data or exported and placed in a data base. My scripts are Unix bash shell scripts so they should work on Linux. See the pointers for use on my home page.