PAID Consultant needed: combining base and overlay images

Do you need consulting from ImageMagick experts and are willing to pay for their expertise? Or are you well versed in ImageMagick and offer paid consulting? If so, post here otherwise post elsewhere for free assistance.
johanndm
Authentication code: 1152

PAID Consultant needed: combining base and overlay images

Post by johanndm »

We are looking for a consultant to advise us on the effort required to setup scripts and base / overlay images to be able to simulate or copy this type of effect.

We have less than 10 base products that we manufacture and each of them have options - i.e. sleeves, neckline, piping and would like to create a more realistic preview for our customers than our existing website provides.

The concept we are trying to copy can be seen here: https://demos.liquidpixels.com/demo/oxford-shirt

We sell custom tops for woman and need advise on what effort ( time and $ ) is required to provide the Imagemagick scripting and advise on best approach to the type of images to use for base and overlay to provide a professional look. We already have imagemagick on our cloud server (full command line) and versions are as follows:
ImageMagick 6.8.9-9 Q16 x86_64 2017-11-16
johanndm

Re: PAID Consultant needed: combining base and overlay images

Post by johanndm »

Any help or pointers to where we can find someone with experience to discuss the approach / process we can follow to do something similar to the provided website would be great - we will obviously pay for the consulting.

Thanks
Johann
snibgo
Authentication code: 1151

Post by snibgo »

If LiquidPixels offer a service that does what you want, talking to them seems the obvious route. A packaged solution is generally cheaper than a bespoke solution.

Technically, building an image from elements of a garment (collar, sleeves, cuffs, etc) from different fabrics and sizes is similar to manufacturing the garment. Each element of the garment needs a pattern that describes its shape and how it lies in the final image (a "displacement map"), and the overall garment needs a lighting map for the shadows. I show how to do this in Coffee mug. That example is a solid object, but the principles are exactly the same for garments.

A coffee mug is a simple mathematical object -- a cylinder -- so wrapping an image around it is simple. A garment on a person is more complex. The lighting map can be derived automatically from a photo of a white garment, but displacement maps need manual work that depends on the degree of realism required.
snibgo's IM pages: im.snibgo.com
fmw42

Post by fmw42 »

johanndm wrote: 2017-12-05T03:14:31-07:00 Any help or pointers to where we can find someone with experience to discuss the approach / process we can follow to do something similar to the provided website would be great - we will obviously pay for the consulting.

Thanks
Johann
This is rather a complicated procedure that needs to be customized for each layer of each product. Some of this has been done, but not to the extent you need. Here are few references from this forum. You might search further.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20455
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23348
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16921#p62696
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22890&start=15
johanndm

Post by johanndm »

Thanks for the reply and information - wow some real good examples in these topics. I think the viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22890&start=15 is the closest to what I'm trying right now and will play with the concept. fmw42 is there any chance of getting the 2 original files used is this example, think it's shirt.jpg and picture.png

What I'm trying to achieve is not at all to the level of LiquidPixels but just want to improve what the 2 ladies have that started this online business, and got done in by their web developer, badly. The configurator is sort of functional but they are to embarrassed to promote the site due to the quality. Have a quick look if you interested: https://www.zaxo.cz/konfigurator/?krok=1 (note - you have to select a color before anything else - duh...)

What I'm aiming for is something close to this type of functionality: http://www.kosilenamiru.cz/kosile-na-mi ... li-na-miru

Once again thanks for the time and help and would like to donate / pay for the advise!

Kind regards,
Johann
dandan8888

Post by dandan8888 »

I was looking for an automated synthesis method to try on fabrics recently. Here are a few examples.
http://www.ypattern.com/preview.aspx?code=A86249X1
One of them is the online adaptation of large flowers, this is relatively simple, but the details are not close to the real. For example, where the arms are not curved enough. If you change the line of yarn-dyed fabric that is quite detailed.

http://www.walanwalan.com/designs/384974/ must be register first.

combine image like this Image

It's natural to do one here. Handle the curved nature of the arm. Body size also has a radian, similar to the ps inside the free transform tool can be achieved. But to be online replaceable, it must be a command that can be called. Here do not know the model transparent layer to be done to what extent. Then through the command layer overlay.

snibgo and fmw42 can certainly get, I'm not too, is trying to help them. Thanks