Req: fix for clipping on negative polaroid geometry

Questions and postings pertaining to the development of ImageMagick, feature enhancements, and ImageMagick internals. ImageMagick source code and algorithms are discussed here. Usage questions which are too arcane for the normal user list should also be posted here.
Marsu42
Authentication code: 6789

Req: fix for clipping on negative polaroid geometry

Post by Marsu42 »

I hope I hit the correct place for this feature request, if not sorry and feel free to move this thread :-o

Problem: I'm currently generating (very nice, btw) multi-line(!) polaroid thumbnails. To make it look less structured and esp. make better use of the space I'm using a minor negative -geometry to make them overlap a little. The known issue is that this generates clipping on the outsides. The known workaround to use two null: images to wrap the image sequence doesn't work here since it generates two empty spaces where the first and last image should be.

Request: Please adjust the polaroid command so that even with negative geometry clipping of the polaroid frame doesn't occur on the canvas borders.

Example: montage input*.jpg +polaroid -geometry -5+5 -tile 3x3 output.jpg

Thanks!

Edit: thinking of: an option to control/tune down the randomness of the polaroid tilt/rotation would be very nice indeed. Yes, I know the whole thing is hardcoded and obviously not meant to be customized w/o patching the source, but still...