[Delete] SVG conversion through IMagick not using custom fonts

IMagick is a native PHP extension to create and modify images using the ImageMagick API. ImageMagick Studio LLC did not write nor does it maintain the IMagick extension, however, IMagick users are welcome to discuss the extension here.
Morgon
Authentication code: 1151

[Delete] SVG conversion through IMagick not using custom fonts

Post by Morgon »

Turns out this is a 'simple' permissions issue. The user that php-fpm runs as has no logical access to the directory that holds my files. Of course, I'm perplexed by this as it does otherwise see and serve PHP files in that tree, but that's way outside the scope of this post/forum.

Since I don't think I have access to delete my own post (mods, please do), I'll leave my original query here:

----
I'm a bit at wit's end here. I tried to get help on the main ImageMagick forum, but since I'm accessing it through IMagick, I guess I'll try here, too.

Essentially, while 'convert' will pick up custom fonts (which is handled through fontconfig) from the commandline, using IMagick somehow doesn't consider those fonts. I am even placing them in a default fc directory, but running exec('fc-match <fontname>') doesn't pick them up.

I realize this is partly a fontconfig question, but is there some material difference in how IMagick or the IM API interfaces with it?