Mogrify Not Converting PDFs to jpg

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
mnmkami
Authentication code: 1152

Mogrify Not Converting PDFs to jpg

Post by mnmkami »

Hey all, I've had a problem with mogrify not converting my PDF files.

I am in the directory with the PDFs and have Ghostscript installed. I type the following:
magick mogrify -format jpg *.pdf
It runs and doesn't throw me any errors, however when I go into the folder, all the files are still PDFs as if nothing was run. I've tested the reverse (converting jpgs to PDFs) and it works.

Does anyone know why I am encountering this problem? Any information would be much appreciated.
magick
Site Admin

Re: Mogrify Not Converting PDFs to jpg

Post by magick »

We're running ImageMagick-7.0.8-39, the current release, and we get expected results-- that is we get a corresponding JPEG image file for each PDF image file in the folder. Our use case is:

Code: Select all

$ mkdir test
$ cd test
$ convert wizard: wizard.pdf
$ convert logo: logo.pdf
$ convert rose: rose.pdf
$ ls
logo.pdf  rose.pdf  wizard.pdf
$ magick mogrify -format jpg *.pdf
$ ls
logo.jpg  logo.pdf  rose.jpg  rose.pdf  wizard.jpg  wizard.pdf
ImageMagick relies on Ghostscript to render PDF image files. Is Ghostscript installed on your host computer?
mnmkami
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Mogrify Not Converting PDFs to jpg

Post by mnmkami »

magick wrote: 2019-04-09T04:13:36-07:00 We're running ImageMagick-7.0.8-39, the current release, and we get expected results
And this was my mistake! I didn't know that there was a new release! I was using 7.0.7! Downloaded the new one and everyone worked perfectly fine! Thank you!