Thank you again for your answers. I've made some test and that's what I got:
- I can't see difference in execution time after using define, maybe my pictures are not big enought to make difference obvious,
- triangle filter is too blurry for me, it's faster but quality is not good enough,
- I've copied unsharp arguments from some IM docs as "the best" in someone's opinion, I didn't suppose then that I have to care about execution time. When I changed arguments to 0x0.75
I noticed that it's even slower then with 0x0.75+0.75+0.008 !
- Removing unsharp and changing quality to 95 made the picture blurry and in my opinion much worse quality. What is more the file size is 50% bigger. I will stay with unsharp then.
- As you noticed I don't need Lanczos filter. Default filter (what's it's name?) is faster and quality is good enough for me.
I use ImageMagick 6.7.7-7.
The best compromise between speed and quality which I could get is:
Code: Select all
convert -define jpeg:size=950x500 1.JPG -resize 950x500 -quality 85 -unsharp 0x0.75+0.75+0.008 1im-mix.jpg
It's much faster but sometimes it still takes 10 seconds. Maybe it's my provider problem, I've to check it.
If you have more ideas, please write it here
Thank you very much for help!