Obtaining individual image information in montage.

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
Himekaidou
Authentication code: 67789

Obtaining individual image information in montage.

Post by Himekaidou »

I wish to construct what's basically a texture atlas, and as for generating the actual atlas, montage has worked perfectly fine (montage -background transparent -geometry +0+0 *.png output.png). However, I was wondering if there was some way to get text output on where each individual image went. Maybe something along the lines of text output saying like, "firstpic.png 0 0 120 180" (name, left, top, width, height), or anything along those lines, for parsing with a different program.

Does imagemagick have functionality that can dump this kind of information when the montage is being created? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
fmw42
Authentication code: 1152

Re: Obtaining individual image information in montage.

Post by fmw42 »

Are you putting all images in one row? If so there may be a way.

Otherwise, you can imbed the textual information below each image within the montage as per http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/montage/vid_index.gif