PerlMagick No library found for -lperl

Post any defects you find in the released or beta versions of the ImageMagick software here. Include the ImageMagick version, OS, and any command-line required to reproduce the problem. Got a patch for a bug? Post it here.
cybergrrl
Authentication code: 6789

Re: PerlMagick No library found for -lperl

Post by cybergrrl »

I succeed in installing the necessary GLIBC 64 BIt version and now I can successfully configure ImageMagick with these options:
./configure --with-freetype=yes --with-gslib=/usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.10/lib --with-gs-font-dir=/usr/local/share/fonts --with-perl=yes --enable-shared --with-modules
But during the "make install" process, I get the warning:
cd PerlMagick && /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
Warning: -L../magick/.libs changed to -L/var/tmp/imperia_install/ImageMagick-6.8.7-5/PerlMagick/../magick/.libs
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lperl
If I try to compile PerlMagick afterwards, I get these errors:
perl Makefile.PL ->
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: -L../magick/.libs changed to -L/var/tmp/imperia_install/ImageMagick-6.8.7-5/PerlMagick/../magick/.libs
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lperl
make test ->
t/mpeg/read.t ..... Failed 2/2 subtests
perl t/mpeg/read.t
testing reading from file "input.m2v" ...
ReadImage input.m2v: Exception 435: unable to open image `/tmp/magick-3255747cGPcNBZo3w.pam': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2643
testing reading from BLOB with magick ""...
BlobToImage input.m2v: Exception 435: unable to open image `/tmp/magick-32557tA5H4s0NVoS6.pam': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2643

Do you have any idea?
magick
Site Admin

Re: PerlMagick No library found for -lperl

Post by magick »

For the MPEG tests to pass, you need ffmpeg installed. If you don't need to process MPEG images, you can safely ignore these warnings.