How to use JPEG-XR

Questions and postings pertaining to the usage of ImageMagick regardless of the interface. This includes the command-line utilities, as well as the C and C++ APIs. Usage questions are like "How do I use ImageMagick to create drop shadows?".
thany
Authentication code: 6789

How to use JPEG-XR

Post by thany »

Trying to convert pictures to JPEG-XR. On the formats page it says I need to install jxrlib. But jxrlib appears to be deprecated. The codeplex link kind of works, but I can't download a sensible package to put in the execution path. I can only download the full archive which doesn't seem to contain any usable binaries, i.e. it's a hassle.

There are a handful of clones on Github, but none of them appear to provide the neccesary binaries.

I cannot compile C/C++ stuff on my pc, as I don't have the required tools. So binaries is where it's at, for me.

Am I missing something?

PS, all this is on Windows. I haven't tried on Ubuntu yet, but I suspect similar problems. As the ImageMagick formats page doesn't say anything abot Windows vs Linux vs Mac, as far as this jxrlib library goes.